Thursday, January 18, 2007

New Start

Sorry, to have been absent from this project, which I hope to continue much further so
I can collect my thoughts on why US/Cuba Negotiations should take place.

As I stated already, the basic direction of my purpose originates from the outlined
principles of the UN Charter. While the UN itself is seen poorly by many in the US,
the principles outlined by the UN Charter, and its many additional conventions and
declarations, are the result of efforts to achieve a sustained peace that was desired
after the atrocities that followed World War II.

These wishes of World peace and stability are still relevant (and more important than
ever, in my opinion), and the United Nations, at the moment, is the only venue where
nations can address their concerns about threats to their sovereignty, of which the UN
Charter grants equitable treatment to all nations.

No comments: